Denise Seymour, Music director firstname.lastname@example.org
Louann Zinsmeister, Organist/Accompanist
The music ministry at Trinity Church exists to serve God by offering excellent music that is accessible to the full assembly. The most important function of our musicians is to support the singing of the gathered people. While small ensembles use music to “tell the story” and “teach the faith”, their ministry serves to stir the listener’s response to God.
- Proclaim and rejoice in the glories of God.
- Preserve and pass on the musical heritage of hymns used by the historic orthodox christian church.
- Present music that is textually God-centered, rather than man-centered, that is theologically strong, and, substantial in content, and that ‘gets at the heart’ and ‘engages the imagination’.
- Select and prepare music that encourages vibrant congregational singing.
- Create an environment that promotes robust congregational singing.
- Serve with grateful hearts and sincere devotion.
- Make the most of the talents, gifts, and instruments that God has given us.
- Rejoice in the body of Christ by encouraging members to use their musical gifts.
- Strive to uphold the highest standards of musical excellence.
Denise Seymour, Director
Children’s choir members receive instruction in the fundamentals of vocal production and choral skills, as well as training in basic notation, listening skills, and a variety of musical concepts. There is a great emphasis placed on the purpose and importance of music in worship, and less emphasis on performance. Choristers participate in the worship service several times during the season (September-June).
Junior Choir (Grade 3-8) Sunday, 5:30 pm-6:15 pm.
Primary Choir (Grade K-2) Sunday, 6:15 pm-7:00 pm.
Denise Seymour, Director
Louann Zinsmeister, Accompanist
Trinity Adult Choir prepares sacred choral literature in a variety of styles, from all eras. During the choir season, which spans from late September to mid-June, the volunteer choir helps lead worship at the 10:15 am service. Weekly rehearsals are held on Sunday 7:15 pm-8:30 pm. No audition is necessary for adults, but some choral experience is recommended. Youth are welcome.
Trinity’s handbell choir rehearses Thursdays 7:00 pm-8:30 pm. This multi-generational ensemble presents anthems, participates in festival pieces, and, accompanies hymns. No audition is necessary. New member training is provided by the director.