Denise Seymour, Music director email@example.com Dr. Louann Zinsmeister, Organist/Accompanist
The music ministry at Trinity Church exists to serve God by offering excellent music that is accessible to all. The primary function of our musicians is to support the singing of the people gathered for worship. Choirs, instrumentalists, and small ensembles also use music to “tell the story” and “teach the faith”. Music in worship is an offering to God, and serves to stir the listener’s response to God.
Purpose and Principles for Music in Worship
- Proclaim and rejoice in the glories of God
- Preserve, pass on, and restore the hymns of the Historic Orthodox Christian church.
- Present music that is textually God-centered, rather than man-centered, that is doctrinally sound, substantial in content, and that ‘gets at the heart’ and ‘engages the imagination’.
- Select and prepare music that encourages vibrant congregational singing.
- Create an environment that promotes robust congregational singing.
- Encourage musicians to serve with grateful hearts and sincere devotion.
- Make the most of the talents, gifts, and instruments that God has given us.
- Rejoice in the body of Christ by creating space for members to use their musical gifts.
- Strive to uphold the highest standards of musical excellence.
Children’s choir members receive instruction in the fundamentals of vocal production and choral skills, as well as training in basic notation, listening skills, and a variety of musical concepts. There is a great emphasis placed on the purpose and importance of music in worship, and less emphasis on performance. Choristers participate in the worship service several times during the season (September-June) Junior Choir (Grade 3-8) Sunday, 5:30 pm-6:15 pm.
Primary Choir (Grade K-2) Sunday, 6:15 pm-7:00 pm. Primary Choir is currently taking a break, as there are currently no singers in this age group.
Listening Sample: (Trinity Junior Choir) Tumefurahi! We Rejoice! Dave and Jean Perry
Adult Choir Denise Seymour, Director Trinity Adult Choir presents sacred choral literature in a variety of styles, and from all eras. During the choir season, which spans from late September to mid-June, the volunteer choir helps lead worship at the 10:15 am service. Weekly rehearsals are held on Sunday 7:15 pm-8:30 pm. No audition is necessary for adults, but some choral experience is recommended. Youth are welcome. Hear a sample from our adult choir below.
Listening Sample: (Adult Choir) Oh, Lord of Hosts, Craig Courtney
Handbell Choir Denise Seymour, Director
Trinity’s handbell choir meets Thursdays 7:00 pm-8:00 pm. This multi-generational ensemble presents anthems, participates in festival pieces, and, accompanies hymns. No audition is necessary. New member training is provided by the director.
Listening Sample: (Handbell Choir) Prince of Peace Ingram/Handel